Fighting Black Mold
No homeowner wants black mold, but what is it? Black mold (also known as Stachybotrys) likes to grow in moist areas and is most commonly found around condensation or pools or stagnant water inside. Spores come into your house by doors, small openings and can also be brought in on shoes and clothing. Although most molds around your house aren’t dangerous, this species leads to illness with years of exposure.
Risks Behind Black Mold Exposure
Black mold is a toxic mold that releases airborne toxins. The most common symptoms include chronic sneezing, eye, nose and throat irritation and rashes. Other symptoms include, chronic fatigue and persistent headaches can all be symptomatic of black mold exposure or black mold poisoning. Particularly serious occasions of long-term exposure to black mold are more dangerous. Paired with an allergic reaction to the black mold spores, these symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the lungs and nose.
More about Mold
Mold quickly spread across walls, floors and ceilings. Whenever your home suffers water damage, you should have a Paul Davis technician check the walls for mold infestations. They can go unnoticed for weeks, and then spring up practically overnight.
Once mold forms colonies in your living space, it quickly grows and discharges toxins that make life unpleasant for inhabitants:
- Mold emanates a pungent, mildewed smell that prevents rooms from smelling clean.
- Mold wreaks havoc on allergy-sensitive people, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- A black mold infestation can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can cause long-lasting inflammation and ongoing cold-like symptoms.
- People with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare instances, mold toxins can cause neurological concerns or even death.
- The more prolonged the exposure, the greater the danger.
Exceptionally humid homes and offices can be subject to mold invasions even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion immediately.
To get rid of mold, the environment where it flourishes must first be removed. Water sources have to be handled, and any residual moisture must be efficiently dried out. Only then can mold removal and remediation start.
Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to stem the tide. Moisture can soak hidden sections of your home. Without proper cleanup procedures, mold will keep coming back to these spots.
Call Paul Davis now if you suspect your home has black mold. We safely inspect and confirm the existence of black mold before treatment. Depend on our specialists to eliminate black mold effectively. Keep your family safe, request a black mold inspection now.