Would you or your children know what to do in the case your home or community is affected by fire, flood, storm or other disaster? Unfortunately, many families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency takes place, you most likely will not all be in the same place. For this reason alone, making a family plan is so very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis wants to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and created to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family.. Save it, print a copy for each family member and email a copy to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should plan to have a supply of food, water and other essentials in the case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an easily accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for a minimum of three days
- Food – at least a 3-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make sure you are aware of disaster plans with your community, schools, employer, etc. Know where the closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Review and rehearse your plan with your family at least twice a year.
It is very important to have a plan in place so you and your family can be better prepared when dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. Here at Paul Davis, we want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our community. Please download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, water, storm, mold or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form