Would you and your children know what to do in case your home is affected by flood, storm, fire or other disaster? Unfortunately, most families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency happens, you most likely will not all be together. For this reason alone, making a family plan is extremely important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and created to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Then, just save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email a copy to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of food, water and other essentials in case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an easily accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for at least 3 days
- Food – at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your community, employer, school, etc. Know where your closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least twice per year.
Having a plan in place will help you and your family be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please take a moment to download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, water, storm, mold or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form