Huntsville Get a Plan
Does your family know what to do in the case of a flood, fire, storm or other disaster to your home or community? Unfortunately, many families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency takes place, there is a great chance you will not all be in the same place. For this reason alone, making a family plan is so very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis wants to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a created to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family. Then, just save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email a copy to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of food, water and other necessities in case of emergency. Paul Davis highly recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an easily accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for a minimum of 3 days
- Food – minimum 3-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Know where the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least two times a year.
It is very important to have a plan in place so your family can be better prepared when dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our community. Please take a moment to download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, storm, mold, water or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form